Revelation 9:1-12. The 5th Trumpet blast brought:
A Star fell to earth: this Star was given the key to the shaft of hell. This star was the Morning Star which is a name for Satan.
This allowed what was in the Abyss then to come out and torture those of mankind who did not have the seal of God for five months.
John saw locusts that looked like horses prepared for battle, but were they real horses or war machines or evil spirits?
The trumpet referred to here was a shofar, which is a ram’s horn, used by the Jews for religious purposes and for warfare.
The five months in Revelation 9:5 and 9:10 may be the five winter months between The Feast of Tabernacles and The Feast of Passover. Remember in Matthew 24:3 about the flight taking place in winter or the Sabbath. The Hebrew word Abaddon, and the Greek word Apollyon, both mean Destroyer.
The Vision of the Fifth Trumpet
9:1 When the fifth angel blew his trumpet, I saw a star that had fallen to earth from the sky. The star was given the key to the shaft of the bottomless pit. 2 It opened the shaft of the bottomless pit, and smoke came out of the shaft like the smoke from a large furnace. The sun and the air were darkened with the smoke from the shaft. 3 Locusts came out of the smoke onto the earth, and they were given power like that of earthly scorpions. 4 They were told not to harm the grass on the earth, any green plant, or any tree. They could harm only the people who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads. 5 They were not allowed to kill them, but were only allowed to torture them for five months. Their torture was like the pain of a scorpion when it stings someone. 6 In those days people will seek death, but never find it. They will long to die, but death will escape them.
7 The locusts looked like horses prepared for battle. On their heads were victor’s crowns that looked like gold, and their faces were like human faces. 8 They had hair like women’s hair and teeth like lions’ teeth. 9 They had breastplates like iron, and the noise of their wings was like the roar of chariots with many horses rushing into battle. 10 They had tails and stingers like scorpions, and they had the power to hurt people with their tails for five months. 11 They had the angel of the bottomless pit ruling over them as king. In Hebrew he is called Abaddon, and in Greek he is called Apollyon.
12 The first catastrophe is over. After these things, there are still two more catastrophes to come.
Other modules in this unit:
- The Book of Revelation
- Jesus coming back in the clouds
- John on the Island of Patmos
- Seven Churches
- The Eightfold characteristics of the Son of Man
- Jesus holds the keys
- First Church, Ephesus; The Tree of Life
- Second Church, Smyrna; Satan
- Third Church, Pergamum; Manna
- 4th Church, Thyatira; Morning Star
- Fifth Church, Sardis; White robes
- 6th Church, Philadelphia; Holy City
- 7th Church, Laodicea; Door to your Heart
- The Throne of God in Heaven
- The Scroll and the Lamb
- 1st seal – the white horse and rider
- The Second Seal – the Red Horse
- Third Seal – The black horse
- The 4th Seal: the pale or green horse
- 5th Seal – White Robes
- The 6th Seal, Blackness
- 144,000 Jewish emissaries
- Believers in White Robes holding palm branches
- Jesus opens the Seventh Seal
- Angel with the Golden Censer
- 1st Trumpet – Hail and fire mixed with blood
- The second Trumpet or second Shofar
- The Judgment of the Third trumpet or Shofar
- The Judgment of the Fourth Trumpet or 4th Shofar
- The first Horror or the Vision of the Eagle Flying
- The Fifth Trumpet or fifth Shofar
- The Second Horror, calamity, terror
- The Sixth Trumpet or Sixth Shofar released 200 million soldiers for war
- The Angel
- The Little Scroll
- 1260 Days of the Gentiles
- 1260 Days of the Two Witnesses
- The Two Witnesses of God
- The Two Witnesses of God, Revelation 11:3-14
- The Seventh Trumpet or Shofar sounds
- The announcement of the third horror
- Questions and Answers 1 to 21
- Questions and Answers 22-42
- The book of Revelation Part Two » »