Revelation 11:3-14. Two Witnesses who preached about Jesus for 1260 days in Jerusalem were then killed and came back to life.
While they preached, anyone who tried to harm them got burnt and they had the power to stop the rain, turn water into blood and strike the earth with plagues.
At the end, they were killed by the beast and after three and half days were raised by God’s power and then terror struck the people who saw them alive again.
The people of the world looked on the two witness while they were dead. This can be done now that we have TV, Internet and cell phones etc.
Who will they be? – maybe: Moses and Ezekiel, or you may have a guess and you may be more right than we are.
The Vision of the Two Witnesses
3 I will give my two witnesses who wear sackcloth the authority to prophesy for 1,260 days.”
4 These witnesses are the two olive trees and the two lamp stands standing in the presence of the Lord of the earth. 5 And if anyone should want to hurt them, fire comes out of their mouths and burns up their enemies. If anyone wants to hurt them, he must be killed in this manner. 6 These witnesses have authority to close the heavens in order to keep rain from falling while they are prophesying. They also have authority to turn bodies of water into blood and to strike the earth with any plague, as often as they desire.
7 When they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the bottomless pit will wage war against them, conquer them, and kill them. 8 Their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city that is spiritually called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was crucified. 9 For three and a half days some members of the peoples, tribes, languages, and nations will look at their dead bodies and will not allow them to be placed in a tomb. 10 Those living on earth will gloat over them, celebrate, and send gifts to each other, because these two prophets had tormented those living on earth.
The Resurrection of the Witnesses
11 But after the three and a half days, the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet. Those who watched them were terrified. 12 Then the witnesses heard a loud voice from heaven calling to them, “Come up here!” So they went up to heaven in a cloud, and their enemies watched them. 13 At that moment a powerful earthquake struck. One-tenth of the city collapsed, 7,000 people were killed by the earthquake, and the rest were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.
Other modules in this unit:
- The Book of Revelation
- Jesus coming back in the clouds
- John on the Island of Patmos
- Seven Churches
- The Eightfold characteristics of the Son of Man
- Jesus holds the keys
- First Church, Ephesus; The Tree of Life
- Second Church, Smyrna; Satan
- Third Church, Pergamum; Manna
- 4th Church, Thyatira; Morning Star
- Fifth Church, Sardis; White robes
- 6th Church, Philadelphia; Holy City
- 7th Church, Laodicea; Door to your Heart
- The Throne of God in Heaven
- The Scroll and the Lamb
- 1st seal – the white horse and rider
- The Second Seal – the Red Horse
- Third Seal – The black horse
- The 4th Seal: the pale or green horse
- 5th Seal – White Robes
- The 6th Seal, Blackness
- 144,000 Jewish emissaries
- Believers in White Robes holding palm branches
- Jesus opens the Seventh Seal
- Angel with the Golden Censer
- 1st Trumpet – Hail and fire mixed with blood
- The second Trumpet or second Shofar
- The Judgment of the Third trumpet or Shofar
- The Judgment of the Fourth Trumpet or 4th Shofar
- The first Horror or the Vision of the Eagle Flying
- The Fifth Trumpet or fifth Shofar
- The Second Horror, calamity, terror
- The Sixth Trumpet or Sixth Shofar released 200 million soldiers for war
- The Angel
- The Little Scroll
- 1260 Days of the Gentiles
- 1260 Days of the Two Witnesses
- The Two Witnesses of God
- The Two Witnesses of God, Revelation 11:3-14
- The Seventh Trumpet or Shofar sounds
- The announcement of the third horror
- Questions and Answers 1 to 21
- Questions and Answers 22-42
- The book of Revelation Part Two » »