- The Book was written about AD67.
- This book was written to Hebrew Christians in Rome.
- This book may have been written by Paul but the authorship is not stated.
- This book has the famous Faith Chapter – chapter eleven that tells us about the Hebrew saints of faith.
The whole book of Hebrews – God Has Spoken to Us
1:1 God, having spoken in former times in fragmentary and varied fashion to our forefathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by a Son whom he appointed to be the heir of everything and through whom he also made the universe. 3 He is the reflection of God’s glory and the exact likeness of his being, and he holds everything together by his powerful word. After he had provided a cleansing from sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Highest Majesty 4 and became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is better than theirs.
God’s Son is Superior to the Angels
5 For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son. Today I have become your Father”? Or again, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son”? 6 And again, when he brings his firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all God’s angels worship him.” 7 Now about the angels he says,
“He makes his angels winds,
and his servants flames of fire.”
8 But about the Son he says,
“Your throne, O God,
is forever and ever,
and the scepter of your kingdom
is a righteous scepter.
9 You have loved righteousness
and hated wickedness.
That is why God, your God,
anointed you rather than your companions
with the oil of gladness.”
“In the beginning, Lord,
you laid the foundation of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands.
11 They will come to an end,
but you will remain forever.
They will all wear out like clothes.
12 You will roll them up like a robe,
and they will be changed like clothes.
But you remain the same,
and your life will never end.”
13 But to which of the angels did he ever say,
“Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet”?
14 All of them are spirits on a divine mission, sent to serve those who are about to inherit salvation, aren’t they?
Also read Hebrews 2:1-13:25
Other modules in this unit:
- Next 43 Years of the Book of Acts, Acts 18:23
- Next 4 years of the Book of Acts, Acts 18:23-21:18
- Books Burn, Paul is in Ephesus, Acts 19:18-20
- Look in a Mirror, Paul writes to the Corinthians, 1 Corinthians 12:31-13:13
- Satan as an Angel of Light, Paul writes to the Corinthians, 2nd Corinthians 2:5-11
- Paul writes the book of Romans, Romans 1:1-17
- Idol or the Golden Calf, Romans 1:18-25
- Olive Tree, Romans 11:1-32
- Paul arrested and put in Chains, Acts 21:26-40
- First of several trials for Paul, Acts 22:30-23:11
- Paul before the High Priest Ananias and the Sanhedrin, Acts 23:1-23
- Second Trial for Paul this time before Felix, Acts 24:1-23
- Paul’s third trial in front of Felix, Acts 24:24-27
- Paul’s fourth trial was in front of Festus, Acts 25:1-12
- Festus consults with King Herod Agrippa 2, Acts 25:13-22
- Paul before King Agrippa for his fifth trial, Acts 25:23-26:32
- Paul, a prisoner, sails for Rome in chains, Acts 27:1-12
- Map, Paul sails for Rome and prison, Acts 27:1-12
- Paul and the Snakebite ashore on Malta, Acts 28:1-6
- Paul heals the people on the island of Malta, Acts 28:7-10
- Paul still preaching is under house arrest – Rome, Acts 28:17-31
- Gospel of Luke, Luke 1:1-24:53
- Roman Soldier, The Armour of God, Ephesians 6:10-20
- Comeback, Paul’s plea for Onesimus, Philemon 1:1-25
- Epaphras took a letter to the city of Colosse, Colossians 4:7-18
- Run the race, Philippians 3:12-4:1
- Map, Paul’s 5th trip which was after the book of Acts was written
- Rome burns, 19 July AD64
- Kiss of Love, 1 Peter 5:12-14
- Scribe, Paul’s Letter To Titus, Titus 1:1-3:15
- Paul writes to Timothy a second time, 2nd Timothy 1:1-2:26
- Victor’s Crown, 2nd Timothy 2:1-13
- The book of Hebrews, Hebrews 1:1-14
- Moses leads God’s people, Hebrews 11:23-28
- Crossing the Red Sea, Hebrews 11:29
- Paul back in jail or prison again in Rome
- The Book of Jude
- Jerusalem is destroyed 2nd September AD70
- John on the Island of Patmos, Revelation 1:1-20
- Eight Characteristics of Jesus, Revelation 1:9-20
- The Holy City, the New Jerusalem, Revelation 21:1-21
- Jesus Reigns, Revelation 22:3-5
- AD96 the end of the book of Revelation and the continuation of the Christian church
- Timeline for Acts part two
- Background Information: Acts part two
- Resources: Acts part two
- Next Module – Revelation part one