Hebrews 11:23-28. Moses leads God’s people for forty years while they were in the desert waiting to go into the promised land.
The book of Hebrews was written about AD67.
Moses was faithful to God so much so God called Moses his friend.
Also, Moses wrote the first five books of the Bible and often acted as the mediator between God and the people of Israel.
11:23 By faith Moses was hidden by his parents for three months after he was born, because they saw that he was a beautiful child and were not afraid of the king’s order.
24 By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be called a son of Pharaoh’s daughter, 25 because he preferred being mistreated with God’s people to enjoying the pleasures of sin for a short time. 26 He thought that being insulted for the sake of the Messiah was of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward.
27 By faith he left Egypt, without being afraid of the king’s anger, and he persevered because he saw the one who is invisible.
28 By faith he established the Passover and the sprinkling of blood to keep the destroyer of the firstborn from touching the people.
Moses 1525BC- 1404BC, Red Sea 1445BC, Tabernacle 1444BC.
Background information read the books of: – EXODUS; LEVITICUS; NUMBERS and DEUTERONOMY.
Other modules in this unit:
- Next 43 Years of the Book of Acts, Acts 18:23
- Next 4 years of the Book of Acts, Acts 18:23-21:18
- Books Burn, Paul is in Ephesus, Acts 19:18-20
- Look in a Mirror, Paul writes to the Corinthians, 1 Corinthians 12:31-13:13
- Satan as an Angel of Light, Paul writes to the Corinthians, 2nd Corinthians 2:5-11 and 11:14
- Paul writes the book of Romans
- Idol or the Golden Calf
- Olive Tree
- Paul arrested and put in Chains
- First of several trials for Paul
- Paul before the High Priest Ananias and the Sanhedrin
- Second Trial for Paul, this time before Felix
- Paul’s third trial in front of Felix
- Paul’s fourth trial was in front of Festus
- Festus consults with King Herod Agrippa 2
- Paul before King Agrippa for his fifth trial
- Paul, a prisoner, sails for Rome in chains
- Map, Paul sails for Rome and prison
- Paul and the Snakebite ashore on Malta
- Paul heals the people on the island of Malta
- Paul still preaching is under house arrest
- Gospel of Luke
- Roman Soldier, The Armour of God
- Comeback, Paul’s plea for Onesimus
- Epaphras took a letter to the city of Colossae
- Run the race
- Map, Paul’s 5th trip which was after the book of Acts was written
- Rome burns, 19 July AD64
- Kiss of Love
- Scribe, Paul’s Letter To Titus
- Paul writes to Timothy a second time
- Victor’s Crown
- The book of Hebrews
- Moses leads God’s people
- Crossing the Red Sea
- Paul back in jail or prison again in Rome
- The Book of Jude
- Jerusalem is destroyed 2nd September AD70
- John on the Island of Patmos
- Eight Characteristics of Jesus
- The Holy City, the New Jerusalem
- Jesus Reigns
- AD96 the end of the book of Revelation and the continuation of the Christian church
- Questions and Answers 1-14
- Questions and Answers 15-28
- Questions and Answers 29-43
- Timeline for Acts part two
- Resources: Acts part one and two
- Next Module » »