Eight-fold description of Jesus:
1. His body.
2. His Hair.
3. His Eyes.
4. His Feet.
5. His Voice.
6. His Right Hand.
7. His Mouth.
8. His Countenance.
Son of Man is one of the 34 titles given to Jesus in the book of Revelation.
What does each description of the body depict? e.g. body, hair etc.
Jesus is the Son of God.
The sword out of the mouth of Jesus represents the word of God.
John’s Vision of the Messiah
1:9 I am John, your brother and partner in the oppression, kingdom, and patience that comes because of Jesus. I was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony about Jesus. 10 I came to be in the Spirit on the Day of the Lord, when I heard a loud voice behind me like a trumpet, 11 saying, “Write on a scroll what you see, and send it to the seven churches: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”
12 Then I turned to see who was talking to me, and when I turned I saw seven gold lamp stands. 13 Among the lamp stands there was someone like the Son of Man. He was wearing a long robe with a gold sash around his chest. 14 His head and his hair were white like wool, in fact, as white as snow. His eyes were like flames of fire, 15 his feet were like glowing bronze refined in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of raging waters. 16 In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp, two-edged sword. His face was like the sun when it shines with full force.
17 When I saw him, I fell down at his feet like a dead man. But he placed his right hand on me and said, “Stop being afraid! I am the first and the last, 18 the living one. I was dead—but look!—I am alive forever and ever! I have the keys of Death and Hades. 19 Therefore, write down what you have seen, what is, and what is going to happen after this. 20 The secret meaning of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and the seven gold lamp stands is this: the seven stars are the messengers of the seven churches, and the seven lamp stands are the seven churches.”
Other modules in this unit:
- Next 43 Years of the Book of Acts, Acts 18:23
- Next 4 years of the Book of Acts, Acts 18:23-21:18
- Books Burn, Paul is in Ephesus, Acts 19:18-20
- Look in a Mirror, Paul writes to the Corinthians, 1 Corinthians 12:31-13:13
- Satan as an Angel of Light, Paul writes to the Corinthians, 2nd Corinthians 2:5-11
- Paul writes the book of Romans, Romans 1:1-17
- Idol or the Golden Calf, Romans 1:18-25
- Olive Tree, Romans 11:1-32
- Paul arrested and put in Chains, Acts 21:26-40
- First of several trials for Paul, Acts 22:30-23:11
- Paul before the High Priest Ananias and the Sanhedrin, Acts 23:1-23
- Second Trial for Paul this time before Felix, Acts 24:1-23
- Paul’s third trial in front of Felix, Acts 24:24-27
- Paul’s fourth trial was in front of Festus, Acts 25:1-12
- Festus consults with King Herod Agrippa 2, Acts 25:13-22
- Paul before King Agrippa for his fifth trial, Acts 25:23-26:32
- Paul, a prisoner, sails for Rome in chains, Acts 27:1-12
- Map, Paul sails for Rome and prison, Acts 27:1-12
- Paul and the Snakebite ashore on Malta, Acts 28:1-6
- Paul heals the people on the island of Malta, Acts 28:7-10
- Paul still preaching is under house arrest – Rome, Acts 28:17-31
- Gospel of Luke, Luke 1:1-24:53
- Roman Soldier, The Armour of God, Ephesians 6:10-20
- Comeback, Paul’s plea for Onesimus, Philemon 1:1-25
- Epaphras took a letter to the city of Colosse, Colossians 4:7-18
- Run the race, Philippians 3:12-4:1
- Map, Paul’s 5th trip which was after the book of Acts was written
- Rome burns, 19 July AD64
- Kiss of Love, 1 Peter 5:12-14
- Scribe, Paul’s Letter To Titus, Titus 1:1-3:15
- Paul writes to Timothy a second time, 2nd Timothy 1:1-2:26
- Victor’s Crown, 2nd Timothy 2:1-13
- The book of Hebrews, Hebrews 1:1-14
- Moses leads God’s people, Hebrews 11:23-28
- Crossing the Red Sea, Hebrews 11:29
- Paul back in jail or prison again in Rome
- The Book of Jude
- Jerusalem is destroyed 2nd September AD70
- John on the Island of Patmos, Revelation 1:1-20
- Eight Characteristics of Jesus, Revelation 1:9-20
- The Holy City, the New Jerusalem, Revelation 21:1-21
- Jesus Reigns, Revelation 22:3-5
- AD96 the end of the book of Revelation and the continuation of the Christian church
- Timeline for Acts part two
- Background Information: Acts part two
- Resources: Acts part two
- Next Module – Revelation part one