Paul wrote Ephesians in Rome in AD60.
This contains an appeal to be strong, and, with the assistance of the Spirit, to fight the power of evil.
Paul near the end of Ephesians wrote the famous words about putting on the whole Armour of God. Which is broken down below to in its seven base components:
1. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist.
2. With the breastplate of righteousness in place.
3. With your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
4. Take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
5. Take the helmet of salvation.
6. The sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
7. Pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
Ephesians, the 7th letter by Paul and the 9th New Testament Book, was written in AD60.
Putting on the Whole Armor of God
6:10 Finally, be strong in the Lord, relying on his mighty strength. 11 Put on the whole armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the devil’s strategies. 12 For our struggle is not against human opponents, but against rulers, authorities, cosmic powers in the darkness around us, and evil spiritual forces in the heavenly realm. 13 For this reason, take up the whole armor of God so that you may be able to take a stand whenever evil comes. And when you have done everything you could, you will be able to stand firm.
14 Stand firm, therefore, having fastened the belt of truth around your waist, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and being firm-footed in the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to having clothed yourselves with these things, having taken up the shield of faith, with which you will be able to put out all the flaming arrows of the evil one, 17 also take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 Pray in the Spirit at all times with every kind of prayer and request. Likewise, be alert with your most diligent efforts and pray for all the saints. 19 Pray also for me, so that, when I begin to speak, the right words will come to me. Then I will boldly make known the secret of the gospel, 20 for whose sake I am an ambassador in chains, desiring to declare the gospel as boldly as I should.
Other modules in this unit:
- Next 43 Years of the Book of Acts, Acts 18:23
- Next 4 years of the Book of Acts, Acts 18:23-21:18
- Books Burn, Paul is in Ephesus, Acts 19:18-20
- Look in a Mirror, Paul writes to the Corinthians, 1 Corinthians 12:31-13:13
- Satan as an Angel of Light, Paul writes to the Corinthians, 2nd Corinthians 2:5-11
- Paul writes the book of Romans, Romans 1:1-17
- Idol or the Golden Calf, Romans 1:18-25
- Olive Tree, Romans 11:1-32
- Paul arrested and put in Chains, Acts 21:26-40
- First of several trials for Paul, Acts 22:30-23:11
- Paul before the High Priest Ananias and the Sanhedrin, Acts 23:1-23
- Second Trial for Paul this time before Felix, Acts 24:1-23
- Paul’s third trial in front of Felix, Acts 24:24-27
- Paul’s fourth trial was in front of Festus, Acts 25:1-12
- Festus consults with King Herod Agrippa 2, Acts 25:13-22
- Paul before King Agrippa for his fifth trial, Acts 25:23-26:32
- Paul, a prisoner, sails for Rome in chains, Acts 27:1-12
- Map, Paul sails for Rome and prison, Acts 27:1-12
- Paul and the Snakebite a shore on Malta, Acts 28:1-6
- Paul heals the people on the island of Malta, Acts 28:7-10
- Paul still preaching is under house arrest – Rome, Acts 28:17-31
- Gospel of Luke, Luke 1:1-24:53
- Roman Soldier, The Armour of God, Ephesians 6:10-20
- Comeback, Paul’s plea for Onesiumus, Philemon 1:1-25
- Epaphras took a letter to the city of Colosse, Colossians 4:7-18
- Run the race, Philippians 3:12-4:1
- Map, Paul’s 5th trip which was after the book of Acts was written
- Rome burns, 19 July AD64
- Kiss of Love, 1 Peter 5:12-14
- Scribe, Paul’s Letter To Titus, Titus 1:1-3:15
- Paul writes to Timothy a second time, 2nd Timothy 1:1-2:26
- Victor’s Crown, 2nd Timothy 2:1-13
- The book of Hebrews, Hebrews 1:1-14
- Moses leads God’s people, Hebrews 11:23-28
- Crossing the Red Sea, Hebrews 11:29
- Paul back in jail or prison again in Rome
- The Book of Jude
- Jerusalem is destroyed 2nd September AD70
- John on the Island of Patmos, Revelation 1:1-20
- Eight Characteristics of Jesus, Revelation 1:9-20
- The Holy City, the New Jerusalem, Revelation 21:1-21
- Jesus Reigns, Revelation 22:3-5
- AD96 the end of the book of Revelation and the continuation of the Christian church
- Timeline for Acts part two
- Background Information: Acts part two
- Resources: Acts part two
- Next Module – Revelation part one