Hebrews 11:32 and 1 Samuel and 2 Samuel. second of three Kings was Good in God’s sight and became King in God’s time. David reigned for forty years between 1011BC-971BC. See 1 Samuel, 2nd Samuel to 1 Kings 2:11 and 1st Chronicles 11:1-29:30.
Gained favor with his subjects.
Hebrew name of David means: beloved.
Old Testament Bible references The books of Samuel, Kings, and Chronicles.
1st Samuel and 2nd Samuel
Background readings: 1st Samuel and 2nd Samuel.
Background reading: The books of Samuel, Kings, and Chronicles and a
number of places in the New Testament.
If you want to read the full story of David’s life look it up in the
David had a whole heart after God.
Beloved and Greatest of Israels 40 something kings and the Author of over 70 of the Psalms in the Book of Psalms.
David Israel’s King and poet.
Israel’s versatile king.
Courageous, a champion, a great soldier.
Great leader and very gifted man.
Forbidden to rebuild the Temple because you are a warrior and have shed blood.
Other modules in this unit:
- The Beginning
- Seven days of Creation
- Cain the first human murderer recorded in the Bible
- Abel a righteous man
- Enoch did not die,
- Noah built an Ark
- Abraham the father of the Hebrew people
- Sarah Abraham’s wife
- Isaac Abraham’s son
- Esau Isaac’s son
- Jacob Isaac’s favorite son
- Manasseh Joesph’s Older Son
- Joesph’s younger son
- Joseph had a coat of many colors
- Amram a Levite, the father of Moses
- Jochebed the mother of Moses
- Moses followed God by faith
- The Red Sea divided and congealed
- Joshua and the fall of Jericho
- Caleb, Moses’ man
- The fall of Jericho
- Rahab saved from death
- Barak the army commander of Israel
- Gideon the fifth Judge of Israel
- Jephthah the Gileadite the tenth Judge of Israel
- The Prophets from Genesis to Revelation
- Samson the Fourteenth Judge of Israel
- Samuel 15th Judge of Israel and also a Prophet
- King Saul first of three Kings
- David second of three kings
- Jonathan David’s true friend
- The widow of Zarephath
- Obadiah and Elijah
- The prophet Elijah did sixteen miracles
- The vineyard of Naboth and King Ahab
- The vineyard of Naboth and Queen Jezebel
- Micaiah, the son of Imlah
- Elisha the Prophet
- The miracle of the Widow’s Oil
- The Shunammite and her son
- Zechariah the Prophet
- King Hezekiah
- King Hezekiah, The sun went backwards
- Isaiah the prophet
- Jeremiah the prophet
- Uriah the Son of Shemaiah
- Jeremiah put down a well
- The book of Daniel
- The Fiery Furnace
- Daniel in the Lions’ Den
- Hasmonean Dynasty
- John the Baptist
- Jesus the Son of God
- Background Information: For Hebrews Chapter 11
- Resources: For Hebrews Chapter 11
- Next Module – Revelation part one » »