Hebrews 11:33 and Numbers 14:26-30. Caleb became one of the leaders of Israel after Joshua had died.
Caleb was Joshua’s assistant who had gone with him to spy out the land of Canaan. Because of the delay caused by the people’s unbelief, Caleb was 85 years old when he finally entered the promised land.
Caleb was from the tribe of Judah and was a leader of Israel after the death of Joshua. He was a prince of Judah as the leader of the Hezronites, while Nahshon was the prince of the whole tribe of Judah.
He was bold, impetuous, courageous, consecrated to God, vigorous and faithful in old age and invincible because he drove out the giants from his inheritance.
Caleb was given the land promised to him by Joshua, which was the land of the Anakims, Kirjatharba or Hebron and the neighboring hill country.
Caleb in Hebrew means: a dog.
received promises: — Caleb, the Son of Jephunnel.
14:26 Then the LORD told Moses and Aaron, 27 “How long will this wicked assembly keep complaining about me? I’ve heard the complaints of the Israelis that they’ve been murmuring against me. 28 So tell them that as long as I live—consider this to be an oracle from the LORD—as certainly as you’ve spoken right into my ears, that’s how I’m going to treat you. 29 Your corpses will fall in this wilderness—every single one of you who has been counted among you, according to your number from 20 years and above, who complained against me. 30 You will certainly never enter the land about which I made an oath with my uplifted hand to settle you in it, except for Jephunneh’s son Caleb and Nun’s son Joshua.
Caleb, the son of Jephunneh, was 40 years old when he became one of the 12 spies sent by Moses into the promised land. He and Joshua were the only two spies who brought back a good report about the land and believed that God could help them to take it. Much later, Caleb became one of the leaders of Israel after the death of Joshua.
Caleb, which means in Hebrew a dog, was bold, impetuous, courageous, consecrated to God, vigorous and faithful in old age and invincible because he drove out the giants from his inheritance when he was 85 years old.
Caleb was given the land promised to him by Joshua, which was the land of the Anakims, Kirjatharba or Hebron, and the neighboring hill country.
As part of the Hezronites, he was a prince of Judah while Nahson was the prince of the whole tribe of Judah.
Other modules in this unit:
- The Beginning
- Seven days of Creation
- Cain the first human murderer recorded in the Bible
- Abel a righteous man
- Enoch did not die,
- Noah built an Ark
- Abraham the father of the Hebrew people
- Sarah Abraham’s wife
- Isaac Abraham’s son
- Esau Isaac’s son
- Jacob Isaac’s favorite son
- Manasseh Joesph’s Older Son
- Joesph’s younger son
- Joseph had a coat of many colors
- Amram a Levite, the father of Moses
- Jochebed the mother of Moses
- Moses followed God by faith
- The Red Sea divided and congealed
- Joshua and the fall of Jericho
- Caleb, Moses’ man
- The fall of Jericho
- Rahab saved from death
- Barak the army commander of Israel
- Gideon the fifth Judge of Israel
- Jephthah the Gileadite the tenth Judge of Israel
- The Prophets from Genesis to Revelation
- Samson the Fourteenth Judge of Israel
- Samuel 15th Judge of Israel and also a Prophet
- King Saul first of three Kings
- David second of three kings
- Jonathan David’s true friend
- The widow of Zarephath
- Obadiah and Elijah
- The prophet Elijah did sixteen miracles
- The vineyard of Naboth and King Ahab
- The vineyard of Naboth and Queen Jezebel
- Micaiah, the son of Imlah
- Elisha the Prophet
- The miracle of the Widow’s Oil
- The Shunammite and her son
- Zechariah the Prophet
- King Hezekiah
- King Hezekiah, The sun went backwards
- Isaiah the prophet
- Jeremiah the prophet
- Uriah the Son of Shemaiah
- Jeremiah put down a well
- The book of Daniel
- The Fiery Furnace
- Daniel in the Lions’ Den
- Hasmonean Dynasty
- John the Baptist
- Jesus the Son of God
- Background Information: For Hebrews Chapter 11
- Resources: For Hebrews Chapter 11
- Next Module – Revelation part one » »