Hebrews 11:23 and Exodus 2:1-2 and 6:20. By faith, Jochebed and her husband Amram hid their son Moses even against the king of Egypt’s edict that all Hebrew boys should be put to death at birth. The outcome of this brave action of defying the King of Egypt is now known to all.
By faith, Jochebed placed her son, Moses, in a papyrus basket and placed it in the Nile River where the Pharaoh’s daughter found the basket and child.
Jochebed and her husband served God and all though we know not a lot about them, their son Moses saved the Israelis from the Egyptians.
Jochebed which in Hebrew means: The Honor of Jehovah.
11:23 By faith Moses was hidden by, and Jochebed, his parents, for three months after he was born, because they saw that he was a beautiful child and were not afraid of the king’s order.
Jochebed Moses’ mother
2:1 A man of the family of Levi married the daughter of a descendant of Levi. 2 Later, the woman became pregnant and gave birth to a son. She saw that he was a beautiful child, and hid him for three months. 3 But when she was no longer able to hide him, she took a papyrus container, coated it with asphalt and pitch, placed the child in it, and put it among the reeds along the bank of the Nile. 4 Then his sister positioned herself some distance away in order to find out what would happen to him.
Amram married his father’s sister Jochebed, who bore him Aaron and Moses. [Amram lived 137 years].
Exodus 6: 20
Also read Numbers 26:58-59.
Jochebed which in Hebrew means: Jehovah is glory both she and her husband were from the tribe of Levi the priestly tribe. Jochebed was the daughter of a Levi man and born in Egypt. The mother of Miriam, Aaron and Moses.
Other slides in this module:
- The Beginning
- Seven days of Creation
- Cain the first human murderer recorded in the Bible
- Abel a righteous man
- Enoch did not die,
- Noah built an Ark
- Abraham the father of the Hebrew people
- Sarah Abraham’s wife
- Isaac Abraham’s son
- Esau Isaac’s son
- Jacob Isaac’s favorite son
- Manasseh Joesph’s Older Son
- Joesph’s younger son
- Joseph had a coat of many colors
- Amram a Levite, the father of Moses
- Jochebed the mother of Moses
- Moses followed God by faith
- The Red Sea divided and congealed
- Joshua and the fall of Jericho
- Caleb, Moses’ man
- The fall of Jericho
- Rahab saved from death
- Barak the army commander of Israel
- Gideon the fifth Judge of Israel
- Jephthah the Gileadite the tenth Judge of Israel
- The Prophets from Genesis to Revelation
- Samson the Fourteenth Judge of Israel
- Samuel 15th Judge of Israel and also a Prophet
- King Saul first of three Kings
- David second of three kings
- Jonathan David’s true friend
- The widow of Zarephath
- Obadiah and Elijah
- The prophet Elijah did sixteen miracles
- The vineyard of Naboth and King Ahab
- The vineyard of Naboth and Queen Jezebel
- Micaiah, the son of Imlah
- Elisha the Prophet
- The miracle of the Widow’s Oil
- The Shunammite and her son
- Zechariah the Prophet
- King Hezekiah
- King Hezekiah, The sun went backwards
- Isaiah the prophet
- Jeremiah the prophet
- Uriah the Son of Shemaiah
- Jeremiah put down a well
- The book of Daniel
- The Fiery Furnace
- Daniel in the Lions’ Den
- Hasmonean Dynasty
- John the Baptist
- Jesus the Son of God
- Background Information: For Hebrews Chapter 11
- Resources: For Hebrews Chapter 11
- Next Module – Revelation part one » »