See what you can find in this book about Kings, prophets, war and God’s love.
Jeremiah in Hebrew means: exalted of God or Jah is high.
Jeremiah’s daughter married Josiah 16th King of Judah and her sons were the 17th and 20th kings of Judah. 20th king was last the king of Judah.
Jeremiah’s faith in God allowed him to live where he wanted this was grated by the King of Babylon.
They were stoned to death — the Jezreelite for his vineyard to use as a private vegetable patch. , Son of Jehoioha the Priest stoned to death in the courtyard of the Lords temple by King Joash. who by tradition was stoned to death in Egypt.
See what you an find in this book about Jeremiah about Kings, Prophets, War, and God’s love.
Introduction to the book of Jeremiah
1:1 The words of Hilkiah’s son Jeremiah, who was one of the priests at Anathoth in the territory of Benjamin. 2 This message from the LORD came to him during the thirteenth year of the reign of Ammon’s son Josiah, the king of Judah, 3 and during the reign of Josiah’s son Jehoiakim, the king of Judah, and continued until the exile of Jerusalem in the fifth month, at the end of the eleventh year of the reign of Josiah’s son Zedekiah, the king of Judah.
Jeremiah’s Call as a Prophet
4 This message from the LORD came to me:
5 “I knew you before I formed you in the womb;
I set you apart for me before you were born;
I appointed you to be a prophet to the nations.”
6 I replied, “Ah, LORD God! Look, I don’t know how to speak, because I’m only a young man.”
7 Then the LORD told me, “Don’t say, ‘I’m only a young man,’ for you will go everywhere I send you, and you will speak everything I command you. 8 Don’t be afraid of them, because I am with you to deliver you,” declares the LORD.
9 The LORD stretched out his hand, touched my mouth, and then told me, “Look, I’ve put my words in your mouth. 10 See, today I’ve appointed you to prophesy about nations and kingdoms, to pull up and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant.”
The Visions of the Almond Branch and Boiling Pot
11 This message from the LORD came to me, asking, “What do you see, Jeremiah?”
I replied, “I see an almond branch.”
12 The LORD told me, “You have observed well, because I’m watching over my message, to make sure it comes about.”
13 This message from the LORD came to me a second time: “What do you see?”
I replied, “I see a boiling pot, and its mouth is tilted away from the north.”
14 Then the LORD told me, “From the north disaster will pour out on all who live in the land, 15 because I’m about to summon all the families and kingdoms from the north,” declares the LORD.
“They’ll come and each one will set up his seat
at the entrance of the gates of Jerusalem,
against all of its surrounding walls,
and against all of the towns of Judah.
16 “I’ll pronounce my judgments against them
because of all their wickedness.
They have forsaken me,
they have burned incense to other gods,
and they have bowed down in worship
to the works of their own hands.”
The LORD’s Assurance to Jeremiah
17 “As for you, get ready! Stand up and tell them everything that I’ve commanded you. Don’t be frightened as you face them, or I’ll frighten you right in front of them.
18 “As for me, today I’m making you a fortified city, an iron pillar, and a bronze wall against the whole land—against the kings of Judah, against its princes, against its priests, and against the people of the land. 19 They’ll fight against you, but they won’t prevail against you, because I am with you,” declares the LORD, “to deliver you.”
Also, read 2 Kings 22:3-25:30 and 2 Chronicles 34:1-36:21 and the rest of the book of Jeremiah.
Other modules in this unit:
- The Beginning, Hebrews 1:1-3 & Genesis 1:1-2
- Seven days of Creation, Hebrews 1:1-3 & Genesis 1:1-2:3
- Cain the first human murderer recorded in the Bible, Hebrews 11:4 & Genesis 4:1-18
- Abel a righteous man, Hebrews 11:4 & Genesis 4:1-17
- Enoch did not die, Hebrews 11:5-6 & Genesis 5:21-24
- Noah built an Ark, Hebrews 11:7 and Genesis 5:28 – 7:24
- Abraham the father of the Hebrew people, Hebrews 11:8-19 and Genesis chapters 12:1-20
- Sarah Abraham’s wife, Hebrews 11:5-6 and Genesis 17:15
- Isaac Abraham’s son, Hebrews 11:17-20 and Genesis 25:20-34
- Esau Isaac’s son, Hebrews 11:20 and Genesis 25:20-34
- Jacob Isaac’s favorite son, Hebrews 11:21 and Genesis 27:1-29
- Manasseh Joesph’s Older Son, Hebrews 11:21 and Genesis 48:1-22 & 49:22-26
- Joesph’s younger son, Hebrews 11:21 and Genesis 48:1-22
- Joseph had a coat of many colors, Hebrews 11:22 and Genesis 50:22-26
- Amram a Levite, the father of Moses, Hebrews 11:23 and Exodus 2:1-10 and 6:14-20
- Jochebed the mother of Moses, Hebrews 11:23 and Exodus 2:1-2 and 6:20
- Moses followed God by faith, Hebrews 11:24-28 and Exodus, Numbers, Deuteronomy
- The Red Sea divided and congealed, Hebrews 11:29 and Exodus 14:21-31
- Joshua and the fall of Jericho, Hebrews 11:33 and Joshua 5:13-6:21
- Caleb Moses’ man, Hebrews 11:33 and Numbers 14:26-30
- The fall of Jericho, Hebrews 11:30 and Joshua 6:16-27
- Rahab saved from death, Hebrews 11:31 and Joshua 2:1-24 & 6:22-25
- Barak the army commander of Israel, Hebrews 11:32 and Judges 4-5
- Gideon the fifth Judge of Israel, Hebrews 11:32-34 and Judges 6:11-18
- Jephthah the Gileadite the tenth Judge of Israel, Hebrews 11:32 or 11:34 and Judges 11:1-15
- The Prophets from Genesis to Revelation, Hebrews 11:32 and Genesis To Revelation
- Samson the Fourteenth Judge of Israel, Hebrews 11:32-34 and Judges 13:1-25
- Samuel 15th Judge of Israel and also a Prophet, Hebrews 11:32 and 1 Samuel 16:1-13
- King Saul first of three Kings, Hebrews 11:32 and 1 Samuel 11:1-15
- David second of three kings, Hebrews 11:32 and 1 Samuel and 2 Samuel
- Jonathan David’s true friend, Hebrews 11:34 and 1 Samuel 14:1-14
- The widow of Zarephath, Hebrews 11:35 and 1 Kings 17:8-24
- Obadiah and Elijah, Hebrews 11:38 and 1 Kings 18:1-15
- The prophet Elijah did sixteen miracles, Hebrews 11:37 and 1 Kings 18:16-46
- The vineyard of Naboth and King Ahab, Hebrews 11:37 and 1 Kings 21:1-29
- The vineyard of Naboth and Queen Jezebel, Hebrews 11:37 and 1 Kings 21:1-29
- Micaiah, the son of Imlah, Hebrews 11:36 and 1 Kings 22:1-28
- Elisha the Prophet, Hebrews 11:35 and 2 Kings 2:9-25
- The miracle of the Widow’s Oil, Hebrews 11:35 and 2 Kings 4:1-7
- The Shunammite and her son, Hebrews 11:35 and 2 Kings 4:8-37
- Zechariah the Prophet, Hebrews 11:37 and 2 Chronicles 24:20-22
- King Hezekiah, Hebrews 11:34 and 2 Kings 18:1-20:21 and 2 Chronicles 29:1-32:33
- King Hezekiah, The sun went backwards, Hebrews 11:34 and 2 Kings 20:1-11
- Isaiah the prophet, Hebrews 11:37 and Isaiah 1:1
- Jeremiah the prophet, Hebrews 11:37 and Jeremiah 1:1-19
- Uriah the Son of Shemaiah, Hebrews 11:37 and Jeremiah 26:20-23
- Jeremiah put down a well , Hebrews 11:36 and Jeremiah 38:1-28
- The book of Daniel, Hebrews 11:33 and The Book of Daniel 1:1-21
- The Fiery Furnace, Hebrews 11:34 and Daniel 3:1-30
- Daniel in the Lions’ Den, Hebrews 11:33 and Daniel 6:1-28
- Hasmonean Dynasty, Hebrews 11:34
- John the Baptist, Hebrews 11:38 and Luke 1:5-25
- Jesus the Son of God, Hebrews 12:1-4 and Luke 1:1-2:52
- Background Information: For Hebrews Chapter 11
- Resources: For Hebrews Chapter 11
- Next Module – Revelation part one » »