The healing of these two blind men may have taken place in Matthew’s own house.
Matthew had just been called as a disciple.
He was based in Galilee as a tax collector for the Romans, therefore, was an outcast in Jewish society.
Calling of Matthew also called Levi, Matthew 9:9-9, Mark 2:13-14, Luke 5:27-29
Matthew’s nationality was that of a Jew probably from the tribe of Levi.
The Healing of two Blind Men in a house
9:27 As Jesus was traveling on from there, two blind men followed him, shouting, “Have mercy on us, Son of David!” 28 When he had gone into the house, the blind men came to him.
Jesus asked them, “Do you believe I can do this?”
They told him, “Yes, Lord!”
29 Then he touched their eyes and said, “According to your faith will it be done to you”; 30 and their sight was restored. Jesus warned them sternly, “See that no one knows about this.” 31 But they went out and spread the news about him all over that region.
See calling of Matthew also know as Levi – Matthew 9:9-9; Mark 2:13-14; Luke 5:27-29.
Other modules in this unit:
- Jesus starts His Ministry
- John the Baptist Prepares the Way for Jesus, Luke 3:1-20
- Sandal, John the Baptist, Luke 3:15-18
- Satan, The Temptation of Jesus, Luke 4:1-13
- The Calling of the First Disciples, John 1:35-51
- Water Jar, Jesus Changes Water Into Wine John 2:1-11
- Jesus teaches Nicodemus, John 3:1-21
- Jesus Talks with a Samaritan Woman at the Well, John 4:1-42
- Jesus calls for disciples a second time, Luke 5:1-11
- Man on a sleeping mat, Luke 5:17-26
- The Healing of two Blind Men in a house, Matthew 9:27-31
- Jesus chooses His Twelve Apostles, Luke 6:12-16
- The Sermon in a level place, Luke 6:17-49
- Roman Centurion a leader of soldiers, Luke 7:1-10
- Jesus anointed by a sinful Woman, Luke 7:36-50
- Farmer sows seeds, Luke 8:4-15
- A Lamp on a stand, Luke 8:16-18
- Jesus calms the Storm, Luke 8:22-25
- Jesus sends out the Twelve, Luke 9:1-6
- John the Baptist beheaded by Herod the Tetrarch, Matthew 14:1-12
- Jesus feeds five thousand, Luke 9:10-17
- Jesus Walks On Water, Mark 6:45-56
- Jesus feeds 4000 men besides women and children, Matthew 15:29-39
- Jesus in a boat, Matthew 15:39 or Mark 8:10
- Blind Man at Bethsaida, Mark 8:22-26
- Key to the Kingdom, Peter’s confession of Christ, Matthew 16:13-20
- The Transfiguration, Luke 9:28-36
- Jesus sends out seventy or seventy two disciples, Luke 10:1-24
- Light, Jesus is the Light of the world, John 8:12
- Jesus heals a man born blind, John 9:1-41
- Jesus looks out for the lost sheep, John 10:1-21
- Jesus uses Jonah as a sign, Luke 11:29-32
- God is the Light, Luke 11:33-36
- Keys, Luke 11:37-52
- The Parable of the Rich Fool, Luke 12:13-21
- Be ready to serve Jesus day and night, Luke 12:35-40
- The Parable of the Lost Sheep, Luke 15:1-7
- Lazarus raised from the dead, John 11:1-45
- The Plot to Kill Jesus, John 11:45-57
- The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant, Matthew 18:21-35
- A Blind Beggar receives his sight, Luke 18:35-43
- Zacchaeus the tax collector, Luke 19:1-10
- Questions 1-14
- Ministry of Jesus Timeline
- Next Module – Easter, Triumphal Entry to Pentecost » »