Mark 6:45-56. After the feeding of the five thousand Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go to Bethsaida. Jesus stayed behind. He then later came to them walking on the water.
Peter asked if he could come to Him. Jesus said “yes”.
So Peter got out of the boat and also walked on the water.
Then Peter sank when he realized what he was doing.
Jesus Walks on the Water
6:45 Jesus immediately had his disciples get into a boat and cross to Bethsaida ahead of him, while he sent the crowd away. 46 After saying goodbye to them, he went up on a hillside to pray. 47 When evening had come, the boat was in the middle of the sea, while he was alone on the land. 48 He saw that his disciples were straining at the oars, because the wind was against them. Shortly before dawn he came to them, walking on the sea. He intended to go up right beside them, 49 but when they saw him walking on the sea, they thought it was a ghost and began to scream. 50 All of them saw him and were terrified. Immediately he told them, “Have courage! It’s me. Stop being afraid!”
51 Then he got into the boat with them, and the wind stopped blowing. The disciples were utterly astounded, 52 because they didn’t understand the significance of the loaves. Instead, their hearts were hardened.
Jesus Heals the Sick in Gennesaret
53 When they had crossed over, they came ashore at Gennesaret and anchored the boat. 54 As soon as they got out of the boat, the people recognized Jesus. 55 They ran all over the countryside and began carrying the sick on their mats to any place where they heard he was. 56 Wherever he went, whether into villages, towns, or farms, people would place their sick in the marketplaces and beg him to let them touch even the tassel of his garment, and everyone who touched it was healed.
Also, you can read: Matthew 14:22-36 and John 6:16-21.
Other modules in this unit:
- Jesus starts His Ministry
- John the Baptist Prepares the Way for Jesus
- Sandal, John the Baptist
- Satan, The Temptation of Jesus
- The Calling of the First Disciples
- Water Jar, Jesus Changes Water Into Wine
- Jesus teaches Nicodemus
- Jesus Talks with a Samaritan Woman at the Well
- Jesus calls for disciples a second time
- Man on a sleeping mat
- The Healing of two Blind Men in a house
- Jesus chooses His Twelve Apostles
- The Sermon in a level place
- Roman Centurion a leader of soldiers
- Jesus anointed by a sinful Woman
- Farmer sows seeds
- A Lamp on a stand
- Jesus calms the Storm
- Jesus sends out the Twelve
- John the Baptist beheaded by Herod the Tetrarch
- Jesus feeds five thousand
- Jesus Walks On Water
- Jesus feeds 4000 men besides women and children
- Jesus in a boat
- Blind Man at Bethsaida
- Keys to the Kingdom, Peter’s confession of Christ
- The Transfiguration
- Jesus sends out seventy or seventy two disciples
- Light, Jesus is the Light of the world
- Jesus heals a man born blind
- Jesus looks out for the lost sheep
- Jesus uses Jonah as a sign
- God is the Light
- The Parable of the Rich Fool
- Be ready to serve Jesus day and night
- The Parable of the Lost Sheep
- Lazarus raised from the dead
- The Plot to Kill Jesus
- The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant
- A Blind Beggar receives his sight
- Zacchaeus the tax collector
- Questions and Answers 1-14
- Questions and Answers 15-28
- Questions and Answers 29-42
- Ministry of Jesus Timeline
- Next Module – Easter, Triumphal Entry to Pentecost » »