Jesus was born in Bethlehem which is just south of Jerusalem.
He spent most of His life in a town called Nazareth in the northern part of Israel near the Sea of Galilee. Like all Jewish men, He learned a trade, in His case carpentry, from his step-father Joseph. He would have gone to the local synagogue, the local place of religious learning. He would also have visited Jerusalem up to three times a year, visiting family and friends, including those from his step-father’s side in Bethlehem. Jesus may have become a rabbi.
If the triumphal entry was 10th Nisan AD32 eg 6th April AD32 then Jesus started His ministry in September – November AD28. So He died on the 4th Passover after the start of His three and a half year ministry on the earth.
Jesus started three and a half years of ministry with His baptism near Jerusalem and then made His first trip north.
PERIOD OF OBSCURITY – Judean Ministry. First trip: Jerusalem-Galilee-Jerusalem about two months.
Second trip: Jerusalem-Galilee-Jerusalem about twelve months.
PERIOD OF POPULARITY – Galilean ministry.
Jerusalem-Galilee-Jerusalem about 19 months.
PERIOD OF OPPOSITION:
Jerusalem and around the greater Jerusalem area for about three to four months and His death.
PERIOD OF TRIUMPH:
Other slides in this module:
- Jesus starts His Ministry
- John the Baptist Prepares the Way for Jesus
- Sandal, John the Baptist
- Satan, The Temptation of Jesus
- The Calling of the First Disciples
- Water Jar, Jesus Changes Water Into Wine
- Jesus teaches Nicodemus
- Jesus Talks with a Samaritan Woman at the Well
- Jesus calls for disciples a second time
- Man on a sleeping mat
- The Healing of two Blind Men in a house
- Jesus chooses His Twelve Apostles
- The Sermon in a level place
- Roman Centurion a leader of soldiers
- Jesus anointed by a sinful Woman
- Farmer sows seeds
- A Lamp on a stand
- Jesus calms the Storm
- Jesus sends out the Twelve
- John the Baptist beheaded by Herod the Tetrarch
- Jesus feeds five thousand
- Jesus Walks On Water
- Jesus feeds 4000 men besides women and children
- Jesus in a boat
- Blind Man at Bethsaida
- Keys to the Kingdom, Peter’s confession of Christ
- The Transfiguration
- Jesus sends out seventy or seventy two disciples
- Light, Jesus is the Light of the world
- Jesus heals a man born blind
- Jesus looks out for the lost sheep
- Jesus uses Jonah as a sign
- God is the Light
- The Parable of the Rich Fool
- Be ready to serve Jesus day and night
- The Parable of the Lost Sheep
- Lazarus raised from the dead
- The Plot to Kill Jesus
- The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant
- A Blind Beggar receives his sight
- Zacchaeus the tax collector
- Questions and Answers 1-14
- Questions and Answers 15-28
- Questions and Answers 29-42
- Ministry of Jesus Timeline
- Next Module – Easter, Triumphal Entry to Pentecost » »