Jesus was born in Bethlehem which is just south of Jerusalem.
He spent most of His life in a town called Nazareth in the northern part of Israel near the Sea of Galilee. Like all Jewish men, He learned a trade, in His case carpentry, from his step-father Joseph. He would have gone to the local synagogue, the local place of religious learning. He would also have visited Jerusalem up to three times a year, visiting family and friends, including those from his step-father’s side in Bethlehem. Jesus may have become a rabbi.
If the triumphal entry was 10th Nisan AD32 eg 6th April AD32 then Jesus started His ministry in September – November AD28. So He died on the 4th Passover after the start of His three and a half year ministry on the earth.
Jesus started three and a half years of ministry with His baptism near Jerusalem and then made His first trip north.
PERIOD OF OBSCURITY – Judean Ministry. First trip: Jerusalem-Galilee-Jerusalem about two months.
Second trip: Jerusalem-Galilee-Jerusalem about twelve months.
PERIOD OF POPULARITY – Galilean ministry.
Jerusalem-Galilee-Jerusalem about 19 months.
PERIOD OF OPPOSITION:
Jerusalem and around the greater Jerusalem area for about three to four months and His death.
PERIOD OF TRIUMPH:
Other modules in this unit:
- Jesus starts His Ministry
- John the Baptist Prepares the Way for Jesus, Luke 3:1-20
- Sandal, John the Baptist, Luke 3:15-18
- Satan, The Temptation of Jesus, Luke 4:1-13
- The Calling of the First Disciples, John 1:35-51
- Water Jar, Jesus Changes Water Into Wine John 2:1-11
- Jesus teaches Nicodemus, John 3:1-21
- Jesus Talks with a Samaritan Woman at the Well, John 4:1-42
- Jesus calls for disciples a second time, Luke 5:1-11
- Man on a sleeping mat, Luke 5:17-26
- The Healing of two Blind Men in a house, Matthew 9:27-31
- Jesus chooses His Twelve Apostles, Luke 6:12-16
- The Sermon in a level place, Luke 6:17-49
- Roman Centurion a leader of soldiers, Luke 7:1-10
- Jesus anointed by a sinful Woman, Luke 7:36-50
- Farmer sows seeds, Luke 8:4-15
- A Lamp on a stand, Luke 8:16-18
- Jesus calms the Storm, Luke 8:22-25
- Jesus sends out the Twelve, Luke 9:1-6
- John the Baptist beheaded by Herod the Tetrarch, Matthew 14:1-12
- Jesus feeds five thousand, Luke 9:10-17
- Jesus Walks On Water, Mark 6:45-56
- Jesus feeds 4000 men besides women and children, Matthew 15:29-39
- Jesus in a boat, Matthew 15:39 or Mark 8:10
- Blind Man at Bethsaida, Mark 8:22-26
- Key to the Kingdom, Peter’s confession of Christ, Matthew 16:13-20
- The Transfiguration, Luke 9:28-36
- Jesus sends out seventy or seventy two disciples, Luke 10:1-24
- Light, Jesus is the Light of the world, John 8:12
- Jesus heals a man born blind, John 9:1-41
- Jesus looks out for the lost sheep, John 10:1-21
- Jesus uses Jonah as a sign, Luke 11:29-32
- God is the Light, Luke 11:33-36
- Keys, Luke 11:37-52
- The Parable of the Rich Fool, Luke 12:13-21
- Be ready to serve Jesus day and night, Luke 12:35-40
- The Parable of the Lost Sheep, Luke 15:1-7
- Lazarus raised from the dead, John 11:1-45
- The Plot to Kill Jesus, John 11:45-57
- The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant, Matthew 18:21-35
- A Blind Beggar receives his sight, Luke 18:35-43
- Zacchaeus the tax collector, Luke 19:1-10
- Questions 1-14
- Ministry of Jesus Timeline
- Next Module – Easter, Triumphal Entry to Pentecost » »