Jesus was born in Bethlehem which is just south of Jerusalem.
He spent most of his life in a town called Nazareth in the north part of Israel near the Sea of Galilee. Like all Jewish men he learned a trade in His case carpentry from his step-father Joseph. He would have gone to the local synagogue the local place of Religious learning. Also visiting Jerusalem up to three times a year. Visiting family and friends including those from his step-fathers side in Bethlehem.
If the triumphal entry was 10th Nisan AD32 eg 6th April AD32 then Jesus started His ministry in September – November AD28. So he died on the 4th Passover after the start of his 3 year ministry on the earth.
Jesus started three and half years of ministry with His Baptism near Jerusalem and then made his first trip north.
PERIOD OF OBSCURITY -Judean Ministry. First trip: Jerusalem-Galilee-Jerusalem about two months.
Second trip: Jerusalem- Galilee-Jerusalem about twelve months.
PERIOD OF POPULARITY – Galilean ministry.
Jerusalem- Galilee-Jerusalem about 19 months.
PERIOD OF OPPOSITION:
Jerusalem and around the greater Jerusalem area for about three to four months and His death.
PERIOD OF TRIUMPH:
Other modules in this unit:
- Jesus starts His Ministry
- John the Baptist Prepares the Way for Jesus, Luke 3:1-20
- Sandal, John the Baptist, Luke 3:15-18
- Satan, The Temptation of Jesus, Luke 4:1-13
- The Calling of the First Disciples, John 1:35-51
- Water Jar, Jesus Changes Water Into Wine John 2:1-11
- Jesus teaches Nicodemus, John 3:1-21
- Jesus Talks With a Samaritan Woman at the well, John 4:1-42
- Jesus calls for disciples a second time, Luke 5:1-11
- Man on a sleeping mat, Luke 5:17-26
- The Healing of two Blind Men in a house, Matthew 9:27-31
- Jesus chooses His Twelve Apostles, Luke 6:12-16
- The Sermon in a level place, Luke 6:17-49
- Roman Centurion a leader of soldiers, Luke 7:1-10
- Jesus anointed by a sinful Woman, Luke 7:36-50
- Farmer sows seeds, Luke 8:4-15
- A Lamp on a stand, Luke 8:16-18
- Jesus calms the Storm, Luke 8:22-25
- Jesus sends out the Twelve, Luke 9:1-6
- John the Baptist beheaded by Herod the Tetarch, Matthew 14:1-12
- Jesus feeds five thousand, Luke 9:10-17
- Jesus Walks On Water, Mark 6:45-56
- Jesus feeds 4000 men besides women and children, Matthew 15:29-39
- Jesus in a boat, Matthew 15:39 or Mark 8:10
- Blind Man at Bethsaida, Mark 8:22-26
- Key to the Kingdom, Peter’s confession of Christ, Matthew 16:13-20
- The Transfiguration, Luke 9:28-36
- Jesus sends out seventy or seventy two disciples, Luke 10:1-24
- Light, Jesus is the Light of the world, John 8:12
- Jesus heals a man born blind, John 9:1-41
- Jesus looks out for the lost sheep, John 10:1-21
- Jesus uses Jonah as a sign, Luke 11:29-32
- God is the Light, Luke 11:33-36
- Keys, Luke 11:37-52
- The Parable of the Rich Fool, Luke 12:13-21
- Be ready to serve Jesus day and night, Luke 12:35-40
- The Parable of the Lost Sheep, Luke 15:1-7
- Lazarus raised from the dead, John 11:1-45
- The Plot to Kill Jesus, John 11:45-57
- The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant, Matthew 18:21-35
- A Blind Beggar receives his sight, Luke 18:35-43
- Zacchaeus the tax collector, Luke 19:1-10
- Ministry of Jesus Time line
- Next Module – Easter, Triumphal Entry to Pentecost