1 Kings 22:41-50 and 2nd Chronicles 17:1-20:37. King Jehoshaphat 4th King of Judah 873/72BC-848BC reigned 25 years. King Jehoshaphat did what pleased God. Son of the previous king, King Asa. Jehoshaphat died of natural causes. His son Jehoram succeeded him as King.
One of the things King Jehoshaphat did was build some trading ships but before they could be used for trading they got wrecked.
While King Jehoshaphat walked with the LORD the nations around him feared him because he had God’s protection.
Jehoshaphat in Hebrew means: Jehovah is the judge.
King Jehoshaphat 4th King Judah
41 Asa’s son Jehoshaphat became king over Judah during the fourth year of the reign of King Ahab of Israel. 42 Jehoshaphat was 35 years old when he became king. He reigned 25 years in Jerusalem. His mother’s name was Azubah. She was the daughter of Shilhi. 43 He lived like his father Asa and never abandoned that life. He did what the LORD considered to be right. Nevertheless, the high places were not demolished, and the people continued to sacrifice and burn incense on the high places. 44 Jehoshaphat also made a peace treaty with the king of Israel.
45 Now the rest of Jehoshaphat’s accomplishments, the power that he demonstrated, and how he waged war are written in the book of the Chronicles of the Kings of Judah, are they not? 46 He also eliminated the male cult prostitutes who still remained from the time of his father Asa.
47 There was no king reigning in Edom; there was only a stand-in king. 48 Jehoshaphat had ocean-going vessels from Tarshish sail to Ophir for gold, but they never made it because they were shipwrecked at Ezion-geber. 49 Ahab’s son Ahaziah had offered to go. “Let my servants go with your servants in the ships!” he said. But Jehoshaphat was not willing. 50 Later, Jehoshaphat died, as did his ancestors, and he was buried alongside his ancestors in the City of David. Jehoram his son became king in his place.
1 Kings 22:41—50
Also read 2 Chronicles 17:1-20:37.
Other slides in this module:
- King Rehoboam the 1st king of Judah
- King Abijah or Abijam the 2nd king of Judah
- King Asa the 3rd and a Good King of Judah
- King Jehoshaphat the 4th and a Good King of Judah
- King Jehoram the 5th King of Judah
- King Ahaziah the 6th King of Judah
- Queen Athaliah the 7th King of Judah
- Joash the 8th King of Judah
- King Amaziah the 9th and a Good King of Judah
- King Azariah the 10th and a good King of Judah
- King Jotham the 11th and a good King of Judah
- King Ahaz the 12th King of Judah
- King Hezekiah was the 13th and a Good King of Judah
- King Manasseh the 14th King of Judah
- King Amon the 15th King of Judah
- King Josiah the 16th and a good King of Judah
- King Jehoahaz the 17th King of Judah
- King Jehoiakim the 18th King of Judah
- King Jehoiachin the 19th King of Judah
- King Zedekiah the 20th and last King of Judah
- Questions and Answers 1-20
- The 20 Kings of Judah who ruled between – 931BC-586BC=345 years
- Timeline of the Kings of Judah
- Next Module – Prophets and Kings part one » »