2 Kings 15:32-38 and 2 Chronicles 27:1-9. Jotham became king at [ascended to the throne at] 25 years and ruled for 16 years. King Jotham did what was pleasing to the Lord. He also built the North Gate of the Temple.
King Jotham conquered the Ammonites and the Ammonites paid Jotham yearly a large sum of money.
King Jotham became powerful because he walked steadfastly with the Lord God of Israel.
Jotham in Hebrew means: God is perfect or complete.
Jotham 11th King of Judah
32 Uzziah’s son Jotham became king over Judah during the second year of the reign oft Remaliah’s son Pekah, king of Israel. 33 He was 25 years old when he became king. He reigned sixteen years in Jerusalem. Zadok’s daughter Jerusha was his mother. 34 He did what the LORD considered to be right, following everything his father Uzziah had done, 35 except the high places were not torn down, and the people still sacrificed and burned incense on the high places. But he rebuilt the upper gate of the LORD’s Temple. 36 The rest of Jotham’s activities, including everything that he accomplished, are recorded in the Book of the Chronicles of the Kings of Judah, are they not?
37 Right about that time, the LORD began to send King Rezin of Aram and Remaliah’s son Pekah against Judah. 38 Meanwhile, Jotham died, as did his ancestors, and was buried with them in the City of David, his ancestor. Then Jotham’s son Ahaz reigned in his place.
2 Kings 15:32-38
Also read 2nd Chronicles 27:1-9.
Other slides in this module:
- King Rehoboam the 1st king of Judah
- King Abijah or Abijam the 2nd king of Judah
- King Asa the 3rd and a Good King of Judah
- King Jehoshaphat the 4th and a Good King of Judah
- King Jehoram the 5th King of Judah
- King Ahaziah the 6th King of Judah
- Queen Athaliah the 7th King of Judah
- Joash the 8th King of Judah
- King Amaziah the 9th and a Good King of Judah
- King Azariah the 10th and a good King of Judah
- King Jotham the 11th and a good King of Judah
- King Ahaz the 12th King of Judah
- King Hezekiah was the 13th and a Good King of Judah
- King Manasseh the 14th King of Judah
- King Amon the 15th King of Judah
- King Josiah the 16th and a good King of Judah
- King Jehoahaz the 17th King of Judah
- King Jehoiakim the 18th King of Judah
- King Jehoiachin the 19th King of Judah
- King Zedekiah the 20th and last King of Judah
- Questions and Answers 1-20
- The 20 Kings of Judah who ruled between – 931BC-586BC=345 years
- Timeline of the Kings of Judah
- Next Module – Prophets and Kings part one » »