2 Kings 15:1-7 and 2 Chronicles 26:1-23. King Azariah or Uzziah acceded to the throne at 16 and ruled for 52 years.
King Azariah did what pleased God and listened to Zechariah, prophet of God. God blessed the king until later in life, when Azariah had become very powerful, he let pride be his downfall.
Read the Bible section below to find out what he did with his life.
Azariah in Hebrew means: Yah (theLord) has helped.
Azariah 10th king of Judah
1 Amaziah’s son Azariah began reigning during the twenty-seventh year of the reign of Jeroboam, king of Israel. 2 He was sixteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned 52 years in Jerusalem. His mother’s name was Jecoliah; she was from Jerusalem. 3 He did what the LORD considered to be right, just as his father Amaziah had done in everything, 4 except that the high places were never removed, and the people kept on sacrificing and burning incense on the high places.
5 The LORD struck the king so that he was afflicted with leprosy until the day he died. He lived in a separate house while his son Jotham managed the household and ruled the people who lived in the land. 6 Now the rest of Azariah’s activities, including everything he did, are recorded in the Book of the Chronicles of the Kings of Judah, are they not? 7 Later, Azariah died, as had his ancestors, and they buried him with his ancestors in the City of David. His son Jotham then reigned in his place.
2 Kings 15:1-7
Also read 2nd Chronicles 26:1-23.
Other slides in this module:
- King Rehoboam the 1st king of Judah
- King Abijah or Abijam the 2nd king of Judah
- King Asa the 3rd and a Good King of Judah
- King Jehoshaphat the 4th and a Good King of Judah
- King Jehoram the 5th King of Judah
- King Ahaziah the 6th King of Judah
- Queen Athaliah the 7th King of Judah
- Joash the 8th King of Judah
- King Amaziah the 9th and a Good King of Judah
- King Azariah the 10th and a good King of Judah
- King Jotham the 11th and a good King of Judah
- King Ahaz the 12th King of Judah
- King Hezekiah was the 13th and a Good King of Judah
- King Manasseh the 14th King of Judah
- King Amon the 15th King of Judah
- King Josiah the 16th and a good King of Judah
- King Jehoahaz the 17th King of Judah
- King Jehoiakim the 18th King of Judah
- King Jehoiachin the 19th King of Judah
- King Zedekiah the 20th and last King of Judah
- Questions and Answers 1-20
- The 20 Kings of Judah who ruled between – 931BC-586BC=345 years
- Timeline of the Kings of Judah
- Next Module – Prophets and Kings part one » »